[Samba] Winbind, cached logons and 'user persistency'...

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Fri Jan 18 09:41:10 UTC 2019

Hai Marco,

Poe, this i dont know, i dont know all code...
Rowland, you know this?

> 2) in my network i've 7 DCs. Tearing down the main switch i've surely
>  disconnected all the remote DCs. But still i've two local one, one of
> that in the same phisical proxmox server of the DM member that lost
> cache. So could be reachable!!
Does proxmod allow routing internaly? This i dont know.
Simple test, pull the cable out of the proxmod host server, ping these 2 vm servers within proxmod.
Can you test this?

> I suppose that a DM will try to contact *all* DCs (at first
> glance, the same-site-dc; after all available DCs), right?
>
> There's some things i can do to make sure DCs are alive and kicking?
Can you show the output of : dig your.domain.tld

> Ah, DM are 4.8.8+nmu-1~deb9, your packages.
Ah, good to see your are 4.8.8 now :-)