[Samba] Profiles directory permssions

Gregory Sloop gregs at sloop.net
Wed Jan 16 21:00:27 UTC 2019

So, trying to get profiles working.

The GPO is there and functioning.
However, the user isn't able to create the needed directory for *initial* setup of the profile.
[It's possible if I hand-created the profile directory for the user, and granted them rights, it would work properly. But it is vastly easier to have the user create their own directory at first login. I'm sure that's the intended function, given the following wiki article.]

I used this Wiki page as the "template" I'm using for permissions and other setup details.
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Roaming_Windows_User_Profiles

If I give domain users "full control" it works. However with just the listed perms:
\\someserver\profiles\all-user-profile-dirs\

Traverse folder / execute file
List folder / read data
Create folder / append data

It won't create the profile directory - and I get an error for that user when they login and get a Windows desktop.

So, those permissions aren't adequate - at least that certainly seems to be the case.
Does anyone have a working set of permissions, or can point me in the right direction?

[Client is a W10P desktop. I'm not sure if W7 or something else might be different.]

TIA
-Greg