[Samba] Internal DNS migrate to Bind9_DLZ

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed Jan 16 15:56:30 UTC 2019

On Wed, 16 Jan 2019 17:39:06 +0200
Eben Victor <eben.victor at gmail.com> wrote:

> @Rowland,
>
> The application can export in multiple file formats, ldif as well.
> Would you like a sample of the entire domain or only the schema or
> any specific?

No I would just like to see one of the objects you are trying to add to
your new DC. I take it you are doing something like this

Export the data from your production DC and then importing the data into
your test DC.

You have said what you are exporting the data with, but in what form,
is it an ldif or csv or what ?

The reason I ask is that there are some attributes that do not get
exported as standard or are possibly in a form that cannot be used.

> Okay, now I'm with you, I am aware of how to update samba.
> We have been updating Samba the normal way using the repository. We
> have been doing updates as should from version 4 moving up slowly to
> version 4.9.4, not all in a go but over the years as updates and new
> releases came out.
>
> @Denise,
> Thanks for the info, I'll try the commands and provide feedback.
> I do however have a SOA and NS records when checking via RSAT

Try checking this way:

host -t soa <YOUR_DNS_DOMAIN>

and

host -t ns <YOUR_DNS_DOMAIN>