[Samba] Internal DNS migrate to Bind9_DLZ

Eben Victor eben.victor at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 15:39:06 UTC 2019

@Rowland,

The application can export in multiple file formats, ldif as well.
Would you like a sample of the entire domain or only the schema or any specific?

Okay, now I'm with you, I am aware of how to update samba.
We have been updating Samba the normal way using the repository. We have been doing updates as should from version 4 moving up slowly to version 4.9.4, not all in a go but over the years as updates and new releases came out.

@Denise,
Thanks for the info, I'll try the commands and provide feedback.
I do however have a SOA and NS records when checking via RSAT

On 2019/01/16, 16:23, "samba on behalf of Rowland Penny via samba" <samba-bounces at lists.samba.org on behalf of samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

    On Wed, 16 Jan 2019 15:11:16 +0100
    "L.P.H. van Belle via samba" <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > This supports my idea, only i did not know that samba internal-dns
    > does not care about the TTL/SOA records. Thank you Denis for this.

    I missed this (note to self: must scroll down large emails )

    Not sure about the internal dns server not caring about SOA or NS
    records, but provisioning a domain should create both of those records
    and when a secondary DC restarts, the NS record (at least) should be
    created.

    > If thats the case, do we have a bug report on this, becasue TTL/SOA
    > records are most important. Maybe i forgot this when i did setup,
    > using bind9_dlz so long already..

    I am in the same place, I have never used the internal dns server.

    Rowland