[Samba] Internal DNS migrate to Bind9_DLZ

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed Jan 16 14:22:20 UTC 2019

On Wed, 16 Jan 2019 15:11:16 +0100
"L.P.H. van Belle via samba" <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This supports my idea, only i did not know that samba internal-dns
> does not care about the TTL/SOA records. Thank you Denis for this.

I missed this (note to self: must scroll down large emails )

Not sure about the internal dns server not caring about SOA or NS
records, but provisioning a domain should create both of those records
and when a secondary DC restarts, the NS record (at least) should be
created.

> If thats the case, do we have a bug report on this, becasue TTL/SOA
> records are most important. Maybe i forgot this when i did setup,
> using bind9_dlz so long already..

I am in the same place, I have never used the internal dns server.

Rowland