[Samba] Internal DNS migrate to Bind9_DLZ

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed Jan 16 14:02:06 UTC 2019

On Wed, 16 Jan 2019 15:23:14 +0200
Eben Victor <eben.victor at gmail.com> wrote:

> Software: Softerra LDAP Administrator
> Really very nice software.

How is it exporting the data ?
As an ldif file or other ?

Can you provide a sample.

> Production and test use different DNS domain

This could very well be your problem

> What do you mean I'm not doing the update like supposed to?

To update Samba, if you use OS packages, you normally can update
using your OS package manager. Another way is to join a new DC to the
domain, this DC could be running a later version of your distro, or
even a different distro. The new DC could be running the same Samba
version as the original DC(s) or a later version.
You do not normally install Samba and copy data from another DC.

Rowland