[Samba] Internal DNS migrate to Bind9_DLZ
eben.victor at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 12:13:52 UTC 2019
Hello Roland/Louis & All,
All the best for the new year.
Sorry to bring this up again.
I finally managed to give some more attention to this issue of mine.
I've set up a new test domain server, and I managed to seamless migrate
from SAMBA_INTERNAL to BIND9_DLZ and the other way again.
With a little help of new software we purchased, I exported all data from
production and imported the data on the new test domain, before the import
I changed the test system back to SAMBA_INTENRAL.
As soon as the imported completed I tried to migrate back to BIND9_DLZ and
got the same errors as I'm getting in production.
16-Jan-2019 14:13:22.279 generating session key for dynamic DNS
16-Jan-2019 14:13:22.279 sizing zone task pool based on 3 zones
16-Jan-2019 14:13:22.280 Loading 'AD DNS Zone' using driver dlopen
16-Jan-2019 14:13:22.472 samba_dlz: started for DN
16-Jan-2019 14:13:22.472 samba_dlz: starting configure
16-Jan-2019 14:13:22.474 samba_dlz: configured writeable zone '
16-Jan-2019 14:13:22.475 dns_rdata_fromtext: buffer-0x7f944d595da0:1: near
eof: unexpected end of input
16-Jan-2019 14:13:22.475 Failed to put rr
16-Jan-2019 14:13:22.476 zone _msdcs.samdom.example.com/NONE: has 0 SOA
16-Jan-2019 14:13:22.476 zone _msdcs.samdom.example.com/NONE: has no NS
16-Jan-2019 14:13:22.476 samba_dlz: Failed to configure zone '_
16-Jan-2019 14:13:22.476 loading configuration: bad zone
16-Jan-2019 14:13:22.476 exiting (due to fatal error)
16-Jan-2019 14:13:22.476 samba_dlz: shutting down
Could this be that my current data in production is corrupt somewhere?
We have been running sernet-samba pacakges from version 4 until
Is there anything specific I can check in the DB?
On Thu, Nov 1, 2018 at 5:26 PM L.P.H. van Belle via samba <
samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:
> > >
> > > have rejoined all my DC's with new names, see below.
> > >;; ANSWER SECTION:
> > ><domain>.corp. 3600 IN NS psad101zatcrh.<domain>.corp. ->
> > >rebuild, new hostname, RHEL6 to RHEL7 upgrade
> > >
> > > Led me to believe this is your problem. However, you say it works on
> > > one DC, but not with multiple DC's.
> That one DC that works, im betting, that is the only one that has its
> original hostname.
> Can you verify that?
> > >
> > > You have mentioned that you demoted DC's, removed all data for the
> > > deleted DC from AD and then rejoined it again with a newer
> > version of
> > > Samba using the same DC name etc.
> > >
> > > I wonder if this could be your problem ?
> Im betting this the source of your problem.
> This exactly why i dont support 2 things on a AD DC server.
> 1) changing its hostname
> 2) changing its domainname
> Its always troubles, its so easy to forget 1 small thing and that ends up
> in a big problem.
> ( story of my life )
> And IP change, hmm, not my favorit but possible with much less problems.
> I suggest, remove 1 server completely from the domain .
> Re-install the server, a clean setup or go check you hostname changes in
> /etc/ /var
> But i would go for a clean install.
> Check/Do the folling.
> - Remove all the DNS objects ( A / PTR and any other record or CNAME of
> that server )
> - Remove all the AD objects that are linked with this server.
> ( if no clean install )
> - clear the files out of folder /var/cache/samba /var/lib/samba from any
> Reboot the server, and check all you logs for errors, solved them before
> you join the domain.
> Now join the domain again.
> Transfer all FSMO roles to this server.
> Repeat for next server, but leave the FSMO roles where they are now.
> Now check if you problem still exists.
> This ^^^^^ is what i personaly would do.
> To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the
> instructions: https://lists.samba.org/mailman/options/samba
Cell: +27 82 759 5266
Email: eben.victor at gmail.com
More information about the samba