[Samba] Sync sysvol

Data Control Systems - Mike Elkevizth mike at datacontrolsystems.com
Wed Jan 16 00:58:35 UTC 2019

I use Unison (http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~bcpierce/unison/) over ssh (with
keys) which is available in the default Ubuntu repositories.  There is a
caveat though.  Unison doesn't sync extended file attributes, so you need
to use rsync to do the actual copying of files to get the extended file
attributes to sync.  Also, if you only change the attributes without
actually changing the files, Unison will not "see" the change, and so won't
initiate rsync to copy it.  You can have Unison use rsync for the syncing
of files with profile options similar to:

copyprog = rsync --archive --acls --xattrs --inplace --compress
copyprogrest = rsync --archive --acls --xattrs --inplace --compress
--partial

Hope that helps,

Mike E.