[Samba] GPO or similar for fedora?

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Jan 15 18:48:17 UTC 2019

On Tue, 15 Jan 2019 15:13:24 -0300
Carlos Bordon via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> This is beacuse all workstations are windows, but we are thinking
> migrate to fedora.

The OS to use is up to you, but I would carefully consider which and
not choose one just because it is shiny ;-)

> i already have all the users in samba DC.
> We access to internet and others apps with user from DC.
> because of that, we need both systems for now

Both systems ? what does this mean ?

Basically it boils down to not being able to use GPO's on Linux
machines (well not without a third party app and these severely limit
what GPO's you can use). Everything else should work except for
specific Windows apps and there are usually Linux apps to replace these.

Rowland