[Samba] samba_dnsupdate options: --use-samba-tool vs. --use-nsupdate, and dhcpd dynamic updates

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Fri Jan 11 20:21:00 UTC 2019

On Fri, 11 Jan 2019 20:12:17 +0000 (UTC)
Billy Bob <billysbobs at yahoo.com> wrote:

>     On Friday, January 11, 2019 1:39 PM, Rowland Penny via samba
> <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:
> > There doesn't seem to be anything really wrong there,the only really
> > difference between your named.conf and mine is that I have:
>> >     dnssec-validation no;
> >     dnssec-enable no;
> >     dnssec-lookaside no;
> >     listen-on-v6 { none; };
> >     listen-on port 53 { 192.168.0.6; 127.0.0.1; };
> >
> > as well.>
> >
> > Rowland
> >
> Thank you. I am going back to bare metal, and we'll see where it ends
> up. I will leave script intact as presented in WIki. Are you going to
> change it today per comment on other thread at
> https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2019-January/220369.html ?

I have considered this, My dhcp server is working perfectly after the
changes, but I decided (because you are having problems) not to change
the wiki yet. I know there is nothing wrong with the present scripts
and I may introduce an error if I do change them now, I don't think I
will, but it is better safe than sorry.

Rowland