[Samba] Samba + BIND9 DLZ. DNS dosen't resolve FQDN, only short hostname

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Fri Jan 11 13:55:08 UTC 2019

> > Please, does somebody have a clue, what goes wrong here?
> >

> Nope, haven't got a clue ;-)
Not? Rowland not? really.. ;-)
I'm a gambler so here you go ;-)

Hmm, first 3 guesses..
Typos in primary DNS/Search domain.  ( /etc/resolv.conf )
Typos in /etc/hosts

Why.
Ping host works	( host file ) ip host.fqdn host
Ping host.fqdn does not, (host file or resolv.conf or typo in bind config. )
Search dns.domain.tld domain.tld. <-> mismatch with bind config.

Something like this is my guess.

> I might have said this before, but I will say it again, why do you
> think we can help you, if you do not give us anything but 'it doesn't
> work' ?
>
> What OS ?
> What Samba version ?
> What Bind version ?
> What is in smb.conf ?
> What is in your named.conf files ?

The configs will tell whats going on.. :-)

> Rowland

Greetz,

Louis