[Samba] Authentication against Apple Open Directory (was: Re: LDAP authentication without Samba schema)

Eric Altman eric at lumaforge.com
Fri Jan 11 07:42:37 UTC 2019

I am absolutely loathe to necro a thread like this so far in the future but
that's kind of the point here...

It's 2019 and as much as I've tried (everything in this thread and more...
like trying some weird trickery with pam_exec), I can't figure this out.

I have clients with huge and elaborate OD environments that I absolutely
would never have access to the terminal/desktop of, much less the schema
of. This precludes a lot of the methods of getting around this which
usually involves some kind of access to the OD Server.

Any progress on this or do I finally, after almost 2 and half years in some
cases, tell clients this is never going to happen? (The frustration is at
the situation, not anyone on the SAMBA team.)

[image: LumaForge] <http://www.lumaforge.com/>
*Eric Altman  *//  C T O
M  818.861.6563  <+18188616563> E  eric at lumaforge.com  <eric at lumaforge.com>
 W  lumaforge.com