[Samba] mixed versions, mixed UIDs

Steve Hideg hideg at saintmarys.edu
Thu Jan 10 15:26:17 UTC 2019

Okay, so I've now read 'man idmap_rid'.

It states that the use of the base_rid parameter is deprecated, so does
that change ID formula to this?

ID = RID + LOW_RANGE_ID

Assuming that the default value for the now-deprecated base_rid is 0.

Following the example on the man page, I am going to try this:

idmap config * : backend = tdb
idmap config * :range = 1000000-1999999

idmap config ADSMC : backend = rid
idmap config ADSMC:range = 1500-500000

Will this work to keep IDs aligned across new and old systems (without
changing the old systems)?

Thanks.