[Samba] Online backup of domain fails

Benedikt Kaleß benedikt.kaless at forumZFD.de
Thu Jan 10 14:43:27 UTC 2019

Hi,

thanks for your hints!

Am 10.01.19 um 03:46 schrieb Tim Beale via samba:

> - As a sanity-check, you could run 'samba-tool ntacl sysvolcheck'
> locally on your DC. It may tell you if there's an ACL problem.

samba-tool ntacl sysvolcheck doesn't show any problems.

> - Instead of an online backup, try running 'samba-tool domain backup
> offline' locally on your DC. It creates a slightly different type of
> backup, but how it backs up sysvol will work a bit different.

I tried to do a "offline" backup. But I dont' find an option "offline"

samba-tool domain backup --help
Usage: samba-tool domain backup <subcommand>

Create or restore a backup of the domain.

  -h, --help  show this help message and exit

Available subcommands:
  online   - Copy a running DC's current DB into a backup tar file.
  rename   - Copy a running DC's DB to backup file, renaming the domain
in the process.
  restore  - Restore the domain's DB from a backup-file.
For more help on a specific subcommand, please type: samba-tool domain
backup <subcommand> (-h|--help)

> - If you can work out the file it's failing on, then you could check if
> 'samba-tool ntacl get' works for that file.

We changed the loglevel to 10 and we didn't find any file with
unsufficient permissions.

Best

Benedikt

--
forumZFD
Entschieden für Frieden|Committed to Peace

Benedikt Kaleß
Leiter Team IT|Head team IT

Forum Ziviler Friedensdienst e.V.|Forum Civil Peace Service
Am Kölner Brett 8 | 50825 Köln | Germany

Tel 0221 91273233 | Fax 0221 91273299 |
http://www.forumZFD.de

Vorstand nach § 26 BGB, einzelvertretungsberechtigt|Executive Board:
Oliver Knabe (Vorsitz|Chair), Sonja Wiekenberg-Mlalandle, Alexander Mauz
VR 17651 Amtsgericht Köln

Spenden|Donations: IBAN DE37 3702 0500 0008 2401 01 BIC BFSWDE33XXX