[Samba] samba-tool auth in scripts

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Jan 9 10:42:28 UTC 2019

What you can do..

Create base 64 encrypted password.

echo "YourS3CreTPassW0rd!"|base64
WW91clMzQ3JlVFBhc3NXMHJkIQo

Save this encrypted password in a password file.
And use it in any script where you need this password.

/path_to/password_file.txt ( contains )
PASSWORD="WW91clMzQ3JlVFBhc3NXMHJkIQo"

To be added in you script:

source /path_to/password_file.txt
DB_PASSWORD="$(echo $PASSWORD|base64 -d)"

chmod 700 on the script, 400 on the password file.

Greetz,

Louis