[Samba] I have issue in configuring file servers with AD integration.

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Jan 7 22:31:03 UTC 2019

On Tue, 8 Jan 2019 03:23:24 +0530
venkat ramu via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am configuring file servers with AD integration with referring below
> link. I am able to get AD user name and group by running this command
> wbinfo -u and wbinfo -g but when I run getent passwd and getent group
> I am unable to see in the list. Please help me to understand where I
> am doing wrong.
>
> https://www.teknophiles.com/2016/11/14/linux-file-servers-in-a-windows-domain/

Well, the first thing you did wrong was to follow that webpage, it was
borked when it was written and it is even more borked now ;-)

It doesn't even tell you to install the 'attr' package, it doesn't
tell you how to configure smb.conf correctly or show you an example.

> Environment  Details are:
> OS : Ubuntu 18.04
> SAMBA : Version 4.7.6-Ubuntu

You can obtain Samba 4.9.4 packages here:

http://apt.van-belle.nl/

In the mean time, can you post the contents of the following files:

/etc/hostname
/etc/hosts
/etc/resolv.conf
/etc/krb5.conf
/etc/samba/smb.conf (with all the commented lines removed)
/etc/nsswitch.conf

What packages did you actually install ?

Webmin is okay, but the 'samba' part is a bit old.

Rowland