[Samba] TLS ca/cert/key creation

Gregory Sloop gregs at sloop.net
Thu Jan 3 02:01:36 UTC 2019

>> ---
>> I generally hate using the OpenSSL tools to generate CA/certs/keys
>> and use GNUTLS's tools to do it.

>> Has anyone done this for Samba,

RPvs> Probably, try an internet search. Samba is generally compiled against
RPvs> gnutls.

>> and
>> if so, are there any gotcha's I should watch out for?

RPvs> I don't know ;-)

So, I've created the certs I need for the DCs and the domain member [FreeNAS].
However, I still get errors about needing stronger authentication.

But there's nothing in the logs that might tip me to what's wrong.

What do I need to do to turn on TLS logging in Samba.
[And perhaps authentication logging as well.]

TIA
-Greg