[Samba] 4.7.x -> 4.9.x upgrade

Dario Lesca d.lesca at solinos.it
Thu Feb 28 11:06:22 UTC 2019

Il giorno gio, 28/02/2019 alle 11.34 +0100, L.P.H. van Belle via samba
ha scritto:
> On you question :
> > Also in this case  can occur some problems?
> If you hit problems you know where to find us.
> Just prepair things before you upgrade.

Thanks. Very useful suggestion.

Then I can try a 4.7>4.9 upgrade or it's better 4.7>4.8>4.9 ?

I test this upgrade into a clone addc VM, isolate into another and
dedicated network, in this case I can check all thinks without problem
to real network.

Another note.

I do that on Fedora 27 server (samba 4.7.x) dedicate only to do an ADDC
with DHCP and BIND out of the box and fully functional for years for
this domain.
I think to do an upgrade of all O.S. to Fedora 28 (then to 29) with the
standard  system upgrade command.
In this way I check also a real situation for the specific distro.
if this is expected, it must work.

Thanks

--
Dario Lesca
(inviato dal mio Linux Fedora 29 Workstation)