[Samba] [OT?] Kerberos, PAM, NSS: if user does not exist, pam_krb5 try login?

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Thu Feb 28 09:17:30 UTC 2019

Hmm, marco,

logname=admin uid=0 euid=0  << no no.. Uid=0 ? Thats not good, root = uid 0

User setup example.
Linux: Root uid 0
LinuxAdmin uid doest not matter as long within range of (see /etc/adduser.conf)
FIRST_UID=1000 LAST_UID=59999

Administrator is mapped through /etc/samba/smb.conf ( usermapping)

And that Admin of you, is probley migrated of ldap to AD, execpt now its not allowed to have uid 0.
Remove it and re-recreated it or setup new UID/GID, something like that, and search for other "double" users and/or UID's.
This depends also on what you needs.

About this : In these box normally i don't need user access.

Why creating users when you already have them?  Just simplify you maintainance.
For example i use :  AllowGroups group1 group2-users  group2-admins  in /etc/ssh/sshd_config

group1 is a linux group, needed for my linux admin user. ( more a backup user/group if ad breaks, only has 2 users in my case. )
Group2-users is a windows group in AD, with GID assigned, containing AD users that are allowed to login the linux servers.
Group2-admins is a windows group in AD, with GID assigned, containing admin users that are allowed to login the linux servers.
Do note, ssh users must have UID and your are disallowing root(uid=)0) so you example admin(uid=0) can't login also.

Optional, but imo a must for internet connected servers.
Read : https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-set-up-multi-factor-authentication-for-ssh-on-ubuntu-16-04
And the debian instructions.
https://www.vultr.com/docs/how-to-setup-two-factor-authentication-2fa-for-ssh-on-debian-9-using-google-authenticator
;-)