[Samba] gpo not applied a boot computer

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Feb 26 18:08:21 UTC 2019

On Tue, 26 Feb 2019 18:54:31 +0100
David Jehin <bedou210977 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry for the translation.

Never apologise for not speaking English, It always amazes me just how
many people can speak some English, when I cannot speak any other
language (I struggle with English and its my native tongue ;-) )

> actually my first installation is a samba put into production, to
> avoid errors, I cloned on a new VM not to break my current system.
> on this one I redid an installation with DEB packages
> "https://dev.tranquil.it" I then made a restoration.
> I presice that the supply is a samba3 pdc migration to samba4 dc
> "samba-tool domain samba3upgrade".
>
> I only have one DC at the moment.
> I checked the database with "dbcheck", no problems.

I understand now, you are trying to upgrade to AD and are in the
testing phase.

> if the machine is newly joined on the domain the gpo computer works
> the first time, but not the other startups.

That is strange, it works on the first boot, but never again.
What GPO is it ?
It isn't one of the two default GPO's, is it ?

Rowland