[Samba] Using Access Control Lists with SMB2/SMB3 Mounts on Linux Clients

Kraus, Sebastian sebastian.kraus at tu-berlin.de
Tue Feb 26 16:51:21 UTC 2019

Thanks for the first reply, Jeremy.
What about the (future) implementation of RichACL?
Will there be any native Linux Client support along with the SMB2/SMB3 protocol?
I know, there is a native implemenation for RichACLs in ext4 FS.
Unfortunately, smbcals is not a native Linux ACL Tool and has a very unhandy syntax.
I just tested some days ago. ;-)
I am looking for a solution that allows the Linux Client to access the ACL via getfacl/setfacl, if
anyhow possible.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Best
Sebastian

Sebastian Kraus
Team IT am Institut für Chemie
Gebäude C, Straße des 17. Juni 115, Raum C7

Technische Universität Berlin
Fakultät II
Institut für Chemie
Sekretariat C3