[Samba] Samba AD Internal DNS, Postfix & Email Relay

Marco Shmerykowsky PE marco at sce-engineers.com
Mon Feb 25 21:39:05 UTC 2019

On 2/25/2019 3:36 AM, L.P.H. van Belle via samba wrote:
> Hai Marco,
>
> For you own domains, dont point postfix to your internal DNS only,
> if done wrong you might miss dns info on the wan side and thats mostlikely your error .

Likely.  Here is the error (ignore the ip's - messed them
up for this response):

Feb 25 16:22:10 sce252 postfix/smtp[3114]: 0D1E86E3A6D:
to=<marco at sce-engineers.com>, orig_to=<root>, relay=mail.panix.com[1
6.8.1.8]:587, delay=317791, delays=317743/0.02/48/0.1, dsn=4.1.8,
status=deferred (host mail.xxxx.com[6.4.1.9] said:
  450 4.1.8 <root at sce252.internal.company.com>: Sender address
rejected: Domain not found (in reply to RCPT TO comm
and))

> Setup a caching DNS and setup a forward zone to internal.domain.tld and domain.tld. ( internet dns )
> That makes sure that you dont break DKIM/DMARC/SPF/TLSA on the internet side.

UGH..... Another thing to learn :(