[Samba] DFree and sub-Share "disk" (volume?)

James Wright 12wrigja at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 07:22:28 UTC 2019

Eventually, I found that the reason this doesn't appear to work is that
most clients request for filesystem information without sending "Create
File" requests for their current directory and using that file handle in
the request. This confuses me, as
https://github.com/samba-team/samba/commit/8f121747b06ca78cf51801a3931b2ddd1a424c77#diff-1247a69e75ffda08ca38bf737ea9b21e
seems to imply that there was some notion that the commands sent to the
dfree code would (could?) include a proper path. I know it's mentioned in
the docs that "most of the time" the path passed is just ".", but now I'm
interested in knowing when this isn't the case, and what I would have to do
to have this occur.