[Samba] Computer Management - Share Security - No Read Access (UPDATE)
marco at sce-engineers.com
Fri Feb 22 17:27:45 UTC 2019
I blew out the server and reinstalled from scratch using
a combination of the wiki and the document Louis had
provided earlier today. Seems to be working.
In the process I found one thing that I had forgotten
I had messed with when the whole process started.
Perhaps it was responsible for the errors I was seeing
including the historical "bread crumbs" I kept seeing.
The very first time I had thought things were working
I had used the "Active Directory Users and Computers"
tool on the MS Server Manager to take a look at the
list of computers.
For some reason, I had defined shares using this tool.
If I remember, my original shares didn't appear until
I did this. Probably missed steps in the
wiki first time around.
Don't remember why. It worked. I was happy.
Now that I have a working data server (ie. The one
I didn't blow away), I'm not touching it again.
So despite adding/removing shares in smb.conf on
the server I was struggling with, this tool may
have kept the share definitions intact.
Randomly guessing that this was creating the permission
More information about the samba