[Samba] Computer Management - Share Security - No Read Access

Marco Shmerykowsky marco at sce-engineers.com
Tue Feb 19 21:13:27 UTC 2019

On 2019-02-19 3:47 pm, Rowland Penny via samba wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Feb 2019 15:25:51 -0500

>> What exactly does "START AGAIN" imply? Just chmod?
>
> 'ls' shows the correct ownership and Unix permissions:
>
> drwxrwx---+  4 root          domain admins 4096 Feb 17 19:13 programs
>
> But 'getfacl' show something different:
>
> getfacl: Removing leading '/' from absolute path names
> # file: server
> # owner: root
> # group: root
> user::rwx
> group::r-x
> other::r-x
>
> So what I am suggesting is that you use 'setfacl' to remove the
> extended ACL's, it is the only thing I can see different between my
> working system and your non-working system
>
> Rowland

root at machine253:/server# setfacl -b /server/users

root at machine253:/server# chmod 0770 /server/programs
root at machine253:/server# ls -l
total 20
drwxrwx--- 4 root          domain admins 4096 Feb 17 19:13 programs

root at machine253:/server# getfacl /server/programs
# file: server/programs
# owner: root
# group: domain\040admins
user::rwx