[Samba] samba acl it

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Feb 19 13:01:09 UTC 2019

On Tue, 19 Feb 2019 13:34:10 +0100
marco pirola via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> I apologize for all emails sent to resolve the acl problem. The
> instructions I followed to make an exact domain member erase; the
> problem is that the samba release used by debian 9 was buggy; I
> switched to devuan (which I start to love) and I went through the
> whole procedure: now everything is ok

No need to apologise, you had a problem and couldn't fix it, no matter
how many times you were told that it should work.

It also shows that very strange reasons can exist for something not
working, though I think this is the first time changing the OS has
fixed a problem.

I probably should have suggested an OS change, but I would have got
called out if did.

Rowland