[Samba] samba 4.8x problem

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Feb 19 11:06:53 UTC 2019

On Tue, 19 Feb 2019 13:36:48 +0300
barış tombul <bbtombul at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Rowland,
>
> You can see the output of "testparm -v" in the below.

That is the very thing I didn't want ;-)

I am now thinking that what you posted earlier is your actual smb.conf
as on disk.
If so, what did you do, go through 'man smb.conf' and think 'oh, I like
that' and added it to your Samba AD DC's smb.conf ????

To put it another way, it isn't really recommended to use a DC as a
fileserver, but sometimes you have to, but if you do use a DC as a
fileserver, you have to be aware of the limits.

You have gone way past the limit, totally ignored all warnings and
the fact that you cannot use posix acls on a DC share. You should
read these:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setting_up_Samba_as_an_Active_Directory_Domain_Controller#Using_the_Domain_Controller_as_a_File_Server

Most of the rubbish you have added to your DC's smb.conf should be
removed. If you really want to use some of the settings, add a Unix
domain member and use this as the fileserver, but I would still use
Windows ACL's

Rowland