[Samba] Samba Samba and UFW

Martin McGlensey mmcg29440 at frontier.com
Mon Feb 18 17:06:41 UTC 2019

Louis,

Thank you for the added information. I read the reference you sent. It
appears the bug is that Nautius and Samba must communicate using the
smb1 protocol. The suggested workaround is to insert the line "max
client protocol - NT1", Some are using this until a patch is issued
forcing the NT1/smb1 setting without specifying it in smb.conf.

I tried this and the result is the same. Firewall of OK. Firewall on no
connection. Forcing Samba to use smb1 does not make a difference.

Either way the firewall blocking the connection. Should I re-install
Samba To a higher release? I have version 2:4.7.6?

Your thoughts?

Regards,

Marty