[Samba] Troubles upgrading jailed DC from 4.8.7 to 4.8.9

Andrea Venturoli ml at netfence.it
Mon Feb 18 08:13:45 UTC 2019

> Possible things to check:
> Is the ip for vlan1 10.1.2.34 ?

Sure.
It's the only IP vlan1 has inside the jail; it's shown as an alias on
the base host.

> Try just setting 'vlan1'

You mean change "interfaces=vlan1 10.1.2.34/24" to just "interfaces=vlan1"?
It doesn't change anything (still Samba doesn't start unless I disable
nbt service).

> Is the 'nmbd' binary being started separately

I don't have nmbd running (not before and not after the upgrade).
Isn't this normal on an AD DC?

>> Or a regression?
>
> Possibly, if it worked before the upgrade, it is normally expected to
> work after the upgrade. There is probably only one exception to this,
> if what was working, wasn't supposed to and had been fixed.

That's what I'd like to know :)
Is my config ok?
Or is there's something wrong in my smb4.conf and I don't see it?

Anything I should report?

> You will not have any network browsing at all, but there is very little
> with a DC anyway.

I'm personally fine with that; not sure about other users, though...

  bye & Thanks
	av.