[Samba] SAmba 4.9 and Win XP Clients

Marco Shmerykowsky marco at sce-engineers.com
Sun Feb 17 12:51:24 UTC 2019

In the process of upgrading my whole samba setup.

I've setup a server as an active directory controller, I
created a stand alone member server, I've gotten win10
to join the domain and drive mapping via group policies
seems to work with win 10 clients.

I still have a few winXP clients that have usefullness.

They seem to connect to the domain ok, but they can't
see any of the machines on the network and I can't
even manually map a share manually on the XP client
using the full UNC path.

Am I missing something in the smb.conf file or the
XP registry settings to make it work?