[Samba] Samba Samba and UFW

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Fri Feb 15 15:59:45 UTC 2019

Hai Martin,

> The end game is to connect from the Mint 19.1 box to the Windows box.
Ah.. and i was working the otherway..., ok. Let forget that.

So, now it a complete different thing.

Read : and in this order...
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4046019/guest-access-in-smb2-disabled-by-default-in-windows-10-and-windows-ser

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4034314/smbv1-is-not-installed-by-default-in-windows

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2696547/how-to-detect-enable-and-disable-smbv1-smbv2-and-smbv3-in-windows-and

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1074853/shield-tv/windows-10-1809-update-broke-smbv1-access-from-shield-solved-/

After you have read it all, then deside what you want todo.
Im suspecting that the SMB connection from GUI in linux still uses SMB1.

Few examples that might help wil testing on CLI.

mount -t cifs -o vers=2.0,username=WIN10Username,password=WIN10Password //CLIENTIP/TESTSHARE MOUNTPOINT

smbclient -m SMB2 -U WIN10Username -L //Client/

Greetz,

Louis