[Samba] Issues with using Samba share from Mac OS

Russell Fulton russell at fulton.nz
Thu Feb 14 21:36:23 UTC 2019

Thanks Louis!  For your response and for running the archive.

> On 14/02/2019, at 8:46 PM, L.P.H. van Belle via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:
>
> Hai,
>
> https://downloads.van-belle.nl/samba4/examples/
>
> Here are 2 files for a time machine setup.
> An example config : samba-491-conf.txt

This config file works, at least in as much as it gets me back to where I was before I uninstalled my version.  I can now mount the drive on the mac but can not modify any files on the drive (more below)

> And the timemachine.service file

I am not sure where this file goes on the Mac.  I know you are not a Mac user but if there are any others out there that know where this file should be placed the feel free to sing out ;)

I am also asking our mac experts a work and will pass on anything I find

I am now back to the issue that I can not create or modify files from the Mac.  Attempts to create files result in “permission denied” even thought the permissions look fine and it I try and modify a file created on the unix end I get:

I assume these issues are something to do with apple extended attributes.

Russell