[Samba] Losing connection to a DC

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu Feb 14 11:39:40 UTC 2019

On Thu, 14 Feb 2019 12:04:06 +0100
LOKO MESO Michel <mmeso at olfeo.com> wrote:

> Here is my smb.conf :
>
> [global]
> workgroup = MY
> netbios name = sd01
> realm = my.domain
> server string = Olfeo Samba Server
> log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
> max log size = 50
> security = ADS
> encrypt passwords = yes
> ;  smb passwd file = /etc/samba/smbpasswd
> socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_RCVBUF=8192 SO_SNDBUF=8192
> local master = no
> os level = 17
> preferred master = no
> domain logons = no
> dns proxy = no
> idmap config * : backend  = ad
> idmap config * : range = 1000-999999
> template shell = /bin/false
> winbind use default domain = yes
> machine password timeout = 0
>
> winbind max clients = 1000
> winbindd privileged socket directory
> = /var/run/samba/winbindd_privileged/ winbind max domain connections
> = 5

Your 'idmap config' lines are incorrect, you shouldn't be using the
'ad' backend for the default (*) domain. I also wouldn't use the
'1000-999999' range at all, you cannot have any local Unix users, what
happens if Samba fails and you need to login locally ?
You do not have lines for the 'MY' domain.

Have you read this:

Rowland