[Samba] error on the modificed permission

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Feb 13 15:35:42 UTC 2019

Hai, (oeps, typed this in the morning )

The folder below the shared folder needs correct rights also.

Try to set this.
If this is the samba home : /home/samba
And you sharing             /home/samba/samba/ as \\server\samba

Then set 3775 : on  /home/samba

chown root:Domain\ Admins /home/samba
chmod 3775 /home/samba

chown root:Domain\ Admins /home/samba/samba
chmod 3775 /home/samba/samba

Now try again.
If its not working, try again but set 3777 on all, create a folder, check the acl's.

I normaly start like this.

Bit explained, this is "LOCAL" access on the linux server
install -d /home/samba -o root -g "administrators" -m 3775

Im using "BUILTIN\Administrators" because thats "normaly" a LOCAL group.
And "Domain Admins" is member of "BUILTIN\Administrators"

This is the "REMOTE" acces on the linux server.
install -d /home/samba/samba -o root -g "Domain Admins" -m 3775

As of this point the Domain Admins administer the rights on the shares.

Greetz,

Louis