[Samba] AD Backup Best Practice

Viktor Trojanovic viktor at troja.ch
Sun Feb 10 17:05:08 UTC 2019

On Sun, 10 Feb 2019 at 17:27, Georges Martin <jrjsmrtn at gmail.com> wrote:

> A good practice is to have at least 2 DCs in a domain.

Yes, I'm aware of that and I try to adhere where possible. However, I'm
supporting many smaller offices where 2 bare metal servers just wouldn't be
acceptable in terms of TCO but an AD is still appreciated. So at the most I
could virtualize a second DC but that wouldn't help much if the hardware
gave up. My clients would accept the downtime in case of a disaster but
proper backups are vital. And ideally the recovery shouldn't be as costly
as a new server ;-)