[Samba] unix_primary_group = yes don t work

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Feb 6 15:46:04 UTC 2019

Hai Christian,

I configured my member as shown on the wiki. ( see below )
And as you see not much different compaired to yours.

The diffence is the way of the setup and the order of the setup.
I'll see if i can make a matrix of my setup so its more ease to explain this.

[global]

    log level = 1 auth_audit:3

    workgroup = DOM
    security = ADS
    realm = REALM.DOMAIN.TLD
    netbios name = HOSTNAME

    interfaces = 192.168.0.11 127.0.0.1
    bind interfaces only = yes
    dns proxy = yes

    # Add and Update TLS Key
    tls enabled = yes
    tls keyfile = /etc/ssl/local/private/key.pem
    tls certfile = /etc/ssl/local/certs/cert.pem
    tls cafile = /etc/ssl/certs/company-ca.pem

    ## map id's outside to domain to tdb files.
    idmap config *:backend = tdb
    idmap config *:range = 2000-9999

    ## map ids from the domain and (*) the range may not overlap !
    idmap config DOM : backend = ad
    idmap config DOM : schema_mode = rfc2307
    idmap config DOM : range = 10000-3999999
    idmap config DOM : unix_nss_info = yes
    idmap config DOM : unix_primary_group = yes

    kerberos method = secrets and keytab

    # renew the kerberos ticket
    winbind refresh tickets = yes

    # I dont want DOM\username but username.
    winbind use default domain = yes

    # enable offline logins
    winbind offline logon = yes

    # user Administrator workaround, without it you are unable to set privileges
    username map = /etc/samba/samba_usermapping

    # disable usershares creating, when set empty no error log messages.
    usershare path =

    # Disable printing completely
    load printers = no
    printing = bsd
    printcap name = /dev/null
    disable spoolss = yes

    # For Windows ACL support on member file server, enabled globaly, OBLIGATED
    # For a mixed setup of rights, put this per share!
    vfs objects = acl_xattr
    map acl inherit = yes
    store dos attributes = yes

    # Share Setting Globally
    veto files = /.bash_logout/.bash_profile/.bash_history/.bashrc/
    hide unreadable = yes

######## SHARE DEFINITIONS ################
[profiles]
    browseable = yes
    path = /home/samba/profiles
    read only = no
    # make sure we match windows ACL for profile shares.
    # Think in GPO's, special windows rights, user/group SYSTEM.
    acl_xattr:ignore system acl = yes

[users]
    browseable = yes
    path = /home/samba/users