[Samba] Samba 4.7 and Editposix/Trusted Ldapsam extension support.

Vladimir Skubriev skubriev at cvisionlab.com
Tue Feb 5 08:31:53 UTC 2019

Something like this.

But this link has no info that I need.

On the roadmap: https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Roadmap

There is information
<https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4/LDAP_Backend#.28De.29motivation>
about general purpose LDAP server as the backend (e.g. openLDAP).

But that's not what i was looking for.

I looking for status of `passdb backend = ldapsam` feature. This feature
implemented in `3.6.25`.

But when I try to configure this in 4.7, there is a some caveats prompting
that my system will not work.

For example:

root at server-storage:/#  net idmap set secret ACME PasswordClearText
ldap_url_parse_ext(ldap://localhost/)
ldap_init: trying /etc/ldap/ldap.conf
ldap_init: using /etc/ldap/ldap.conf
ldap_url_parse_ext(ldaps://ldap.acme.com)
ldap_init: HOME env is /root
ldap_init: trying /root/ldaprc
ldap_init: trying /root/.ldaprc
ldap_init: trying ldaprc
ldap_init: LDAPCONF env is NULL
ldap_init: LDAPRC env is NULL
The only currently supported backend are LDAP and rfc2307

Message `The only currently supported backend are LDAP and rfc2307` hints
that it is not supported.

вт, 5 февр. 2019 г. в 11:14, L.P.H. van Belle via samba <