[Samba] ,Re: Samba and UFW

Martin McGlensey mmcg29440 at frontier.com
Sun Feb 3 18:33:12 UTC 2019

Rowland,

Added the rule you suggested along with the other rules for specific
ports. The results are pasted below:

martin at radio:~$ sudo ufw allow from 192.168.0.0/16 to any app Samba
[sudo] password for martin:
Rule added
martin at radio:~$ smbclient -L stand
WARNING: The "syslog" option is deprecated
Connection to stand failed (Error NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL)

Tried with and without the port specific rules and with and without the
new rule. Same result. Before I booted this morning I could get down to
Windows network -> WORKGROUP. Now I cannot connect with ufw on or off.
Windows network just comes up blank in filemanager. Something has
changed. Maybe on the Windows side.

Marty