[Samba] Setting ACLs with smbcacls fails (partly)

Chris samba at kirsche.org
Fri Dec 27 15:05:29 UTC 2019

On 27/12/2019 14:13, Rowland penny via samba wrote:
> On 27/12/2019 12:59, Chris via samba wrote:
>> Any other ideas?
>>
> Yes, but you are probably not going to like them ;-)

You are right. ;-)
> Upgrade to Samba 4.10.x, this definitely has
> /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/samba/vfs/nfs4acl_xattr.so
>
> OR
>
> Don't run Samba in your container.
>
> OR
>
> Don't use ZFS

I need some more coffee to get to a final decission.

But there is still one thing I didn't understand. Why is there the error
from the smbcacls command but the permissions are set when checking
them? And obviously the ACLs are interpreted correct by Windows and
smbcacls. So when I give the Testuser only read permissions, Testuser
isn't allowed  to create or modify objects in the share. This is what
drives me really nuts.

Thanks,

Chris