[Samba] macintosh disconnect problem

Andrea Venturoli ml at netfence.it
Mon Dec 23 19:10:04 UTC 2019

On 2019-12-23 19:06, Chad W Seys via samba wrote:
> Hi all,
>     We're having trouble with Macintosh clients (at least) being
> disconnected from Samba.

Hello.
I'm seeing them too (see my messages from a few days ago).

> However one thing I don't see in the samba log file is session disconnects.

Neither do I.
I've skimmed briefly a level 10 log and didn't see anything useful, but
I'd need to look better before I state this for sure.

However I see smbd crashing on notifications and I'm still investigating
why and whether the two things are related.
Do you also see crashes?

Also when did this start?
Did you do some upgrade?
Did it work before?

In my case it started when I moved shares from a base 4.8 installation
to a jailed 4.10.

  bye & Thanks
	av.