[Samba] Migrate DC from Small Business Server 2011 to Samba 4

Andre Kirchhoff andre at rauh.net
Thu Dec 19 17:46:03 UTC 2019

Hello Thor!

>> I think you will have to recreate the GPOs in the new
>> domain, they are stored in SYSVOL and AD.
>
> So it is definitely not enough to just copy SYSVOL over?

Don’t! Export GPOs with RSAT and later import into the new domain. Custom permissions and OU association have to be made manually, make sure you document or have access to the old domain to make the proper changes. This will be a good oportunity to review and improve computers & users OUs with role based access control and least-privilege access models.

Best regards,

André.