[Samba] NIS Domain Does Not Appear

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu Dec 19 13:53:43 UTC 2019

On 19/12/2019 13:35, Gabriel Franca wrote:
> Hi Howland,
>
> That is precisely what I cannot do.
>
> I do this by windows using Rsat, and when I select the NIS domain to be able to assign the gid or uid it does not appear, so I can't use samba just as a file server.
> Do you know if there is a way to reset or show NIS Domain?
>
> Is there any way to assign uidNumber & gidNumber attributes via console?

Yes, numerous ;-)

There is Jonathon Reinhart's ADAM  (seemingly renamed adman) :

https://gitlab.com/JonathonReinhart/adman

Unfortunately there seems to be a problem with his gitlab page at the
moment.

There is LAM: https://www.ldap-account-manager.org/lamcms/

You could script around ldb-tools or ldap-utils.

Or wait for Samba 4.12.0 when samba-tool will finally be able to add
rfc2307 attributes to existing users & groups.

There are others as well.

Rowland