[Samba] NIS Domain Does Not Appear

Gabriel Franca gabriel.franca at gmail.com
Wed Dec 18 17:54:33 UTC 2019

Good afternoon friends,

I made a FSMO transfer from a samba 4.0 to a 4.10 and then I demoted the server 4.0 then added another server with samba 4.10 and so I got two DCs.
I tried to put a centos 8 with samba 4.9 as file server.
Now comes the problem:
When I go to user / group properties and go to the "Unix Attributes" tab and select NIS Domain it shows nothing but <none>.
I can mitigate and make NIS Domain appear?

Follow smb.conf:

[global]

netbios name = SRVDC01
realm = XXXX.LOCAL
server services = s3fs, rpc, nbt, wrepl, ldap, cldap, kdc, drepl, winbindd, ntp_signd, kcc, dnsupdate
workgroup = XXXX
idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes
ldap server require strong auth = no

[sysvol]
path = /opt/samba/var/locks/sysvol
read only = No

[netlogon]
path = /opt/samba/var/locks/sysvol/XXXX.local/scripts
read only = No