[Samba] Failed to find [principal](kvno 4) in keytab MEMORY:cifs_srv_keytab (arcfour-hmac-md5)]

Jonathon Reinhart jonathon.reinhart at gmail.com
Wed Dec 18 14:34:15 UTC 2019

On Wed, Dec 18, 2019 at 9:13 AM Rowland penny via samba <
samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Problem is, and as I said, Samba  4.3.x is EOL as far as Samba is
> concerned and if you have found a bug in it, it is very, very unlikely
> to get fixed, unless it is still in a later, supported, Samba version.

Of course; I wouldn't expect any more patches for 4.3.x. I've dug through a
lot of the code and most of it is identical to latest master. So to word it
another way: I'm trying to see if this is a known bug that has been fixed
since 4.3.x, or if this instance is highlighting a new unknown bug that
could still exist in master.

I understand your role on the list is a first line of response; keeper of
the gates sort of thing. Is there a more appropriate channel where I can
get some input from developers familiar with this part of the code?