[Samba] Hosted printer drivers can not be used

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Dec 18 13:45:41 UTC 2019

Hai Christian,

Hm,, you tried that Universal driver and it did not work for you,. ..  :-/
That worked fine for me, so its one to have a better look at.

I saw you used    acl_xattr:ignore system acl also.

After you changed smb.conf, did you re-apply also the rights on the shares?
Try it in this order, first setup the share and correct the rights.
Then correct the rights on the file system, but only use windows for it.

I instaled that driver on a Debian Buster, samba 4.11.3 server and i was able to publish it to my windows 7 and 10 clients.

Did you get any other error messages, or anything in the logs?
And offcourse, increasing the log level might help to see whats going.

Greetz,

Louis