[Samba] Hosted printer drivers can not be used

Christian Haase c.haase at ifu.com
Wed Dec 18 13:21:23 UTC 2019

Hi Rowland,

> Well yes, you may have, but at least Samba will know who your users are ;-)
>
> This needs fixing before the printers can be.
Fixed it, I have now the following and reset all file permissions:

	idmap config *      : backend = tdb
	idmap config *      : range = 3000-7999
	idmap config SAMDOM : backend = rid
	idmap config SAMDOM : range = 10000-999999

Unfortunately I have the lines missing on my fileserver as well, that is
a task for another year ;)
What exactly is the issue with only "idmap config *"?  If I understand
correctly I only have a server-local tdb but no functional problems?

The printer problem shows the same behaviour as before.

Cheers,
Christian

--
ifu Hamburg - Member of iPoint Group
"Productivity meets Sustainability"

ifu Institut für Umweltinformatik Hamburg GmbH
Max-Brauer-Allee 50 - 22765 Hamburg - Germany
fon: +49 40 480009-0 - fax: +49 40 480009-22 - email: info at ifu.com

Managing Director: Jan Hedemann - Commercial Register: Hamburg, HRB 52629
www.ifu.com - www.umberto.de - www.e-sankey.com

In der Zeit vom 23.12.2019 bis einschließlich 03.01.2020 bleibt das
ifu Hamburg geschlossen. Ein Notdienst ist eingerichtet.
Alle Mitarbeiter des ifu wünschen Ihnen eine frohe Weihnachtszeit!

In the period from 23rd of December 2019 until the 3rd of January 2020
ifu Hamburg will remain closed. An emergency service has been set up.
All ifu employees wish you a merry christmas time!