[Samba] Replication not working for remote Domain Controller

shacky shacky83 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 18 09:16:40 UTC 2019

Il giorno mar 17 dic 2019 alle ore 17:49 Rowland penny via samba <
samba at lists.samba.org> ha scritto:

In the last year this has come up a few times, try reading this

> https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/817470/how-to-reconfigure-an-msdcs-subdomain-to-a-forest-wide-dns-application
> It looks like we need a tool to correct AD :-(

Thanks! I will read that article.

Do you think that this could be the same reason why sometimes I'm having
clients that are losing their trust connection with the domain controller
(so users cannot login anymore) and I need to rejoin it to the domain?

Also, showrepl on DC4 is returning the following error:

==================================
8< ==========================================
==== KCC CONNECTION OBJECTS ====

Connection --
Connection name: 15ff6132-37b4-458a-ac13-a2fe2fedb7bc
Enabled        : TRUE
Server DNS name : dc2.my.domain.com
Server DN name  : CN=NTDS
Settings,CN=DC2,CN=Servers,CN=mydomain,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=my,DC=domain,DC=com
TransportType: RPC
Warning: No NC replicated for Connection!
Connection --
Connection name: 365283e3-885d-4610-8929-91e3372530da
Enabled        : TRUE
Server DNS name : dc1.my.domain.com
Server DN name  : CN=NTDS
Settings,CN=DC1,CN=Servers,CN=mydomain,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=my,DC=domain,DC=com
TransportType: RPC
Warning: No NC replicated for Connection!
Connection --
ERROR(<type 'exceptions.IndexError'>): uncaught exception - list index out
of range
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/samba/netcmd/__init__.py", line
176, in _run
    return self.run(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/samba/netcmd/drs.py", line 180, in
run
    c_server_dns = c_server_res[0]["dnsHostName"][0]

Do you think I will be able to repair the Active Directory with the
document from the provided link or do you think it would be better to
provision a new Active Directory from scratch with a different domain?

Thank you very much for your help!
Bye