[Samba] Problems with Userlogin to share

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Dec 16 08:34:25 UTC 2019

On 16/12/2019 08:16, basti via samba wrote:
> Hello,
>
> we have a Samba AD (AD Server: 4.9.5 / Fileserver: 4.10.11).
>
> On the Fileserver sometimes the Users are lost. wbinfo -u does not show
> any AD user. After restart winbind it works like expected.
>
> An other strange think is, that the kerberos ticket is not updated.
>
> Smb.conf fileserver:
>

>      security = ADS
>      workgroup = FOO
>      realm = FOO.EXAMPLE.COM
>
>      log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
>      log level = 3
>
>      idmap config * : backend = tdb
>      idmap config * : range = 1000-1005

Interesting, how do you get around 200 users and groups into 5 ?

I also take it that you do not have any local users and groups.

>      idmap config FOO:backend = ad
>      idmap config FOO:schema_mode = rfc2307
>      idmap config FOO:range = 1006-999999
Have you added uidNumber & gidNumber attributes to AD, they are not
added automatically.

>      winbind enum users = yes
>      winbind enum groups = yes
You do not need the winbind enum lines.

>      winbind use default domain = yes
>
>      vfs objects = acl_xattr
>      map acl inherit = yes
>      store dos attributes = yes
>
>      template shell = /bin/bash
>      template homedir = /home/users/%U
>
>      host msdfs = no
>
>      # fix connection lost ?
>      client min protocol = SMB2
>      client max protocol = SMB2
>
>      # master for doamin
>      local master = yes
>      os level = 255
>      preferred master = yes
Those are for an NT4-style domain, so you should remove them.

To stop the tickets expiring, add: winbind refresh tickets = yes

Rowland