[Samba] Samba Persistent Handles

Ralph Boehme slow at samba.org
Thu Dec 12 12:11:14 UTC 2019

Am 12/12/19 um 12:27 PM schrieb Andrea Cucciarre':
> Yes, I saw that they are different I was just willing to test something
> similar.
> Actually, I'm searching for a Samba feature that allow transparent
> failover, or continuos availablity in a cluster setup (Samba + ctbd +
> gluster)

that feature is persistent handles

With durable handles you basically only get protection against brief
network outages between server and client. But if the server dies,
you're doomed.

> Based on the following link my understanding is that such feature is not
> currently available in Samba:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/SMB3_kernel_status#Durable_handle_cross-node

That talks about the Linux kernel SMB *client*.

-slow

--
Ralph Boehme, Samba Team                https://samba.org/
Samba Developer, SerNet GmbH   https://sernet.de/en/samba/