[Samba] Samba Persistent Handles

Ralph Boehme slow at samba.org
Thu Dec 12 10:04:47 UTC 2019

Am 12/11/19 um 5:47 PM schrieb Andrea Cucciarre' via samba:
> I'm trying to configure a Samba server for SMB sharing with Persistent
> Handles.
> I have viewed the youtube  video
>
> https://youtu.be/fA78hdeYi6k
>
> However, it's not clear to me how to enable it in Samba, and if any
> setting is needed in smb.conf (I have already set up Samba, gluster and
> ctdb)
> I'm running Samba 4.11..
> Could you please advice?

that presentation was on my design and prototype. The prototype code can
be found in my git repo on git.samba.org. As the code is still in
development, this feature is not yet part of mainline Samba.

It's also far from getting there, several months of hacking. Any help is
welcome! :)

-slow

--
Ralph Boehme, Samba Team                https://samba.org/